Significant New Gold Targets Identified at Ararat ProjectJuly 20, 2016
Recent soil geochemical and IP geophysical surveys have identified significant gold anomalism
for follow-up in a high-grade historical gold field
- A series of strong Induced Polarisation (IP) chargeability anomalies have been generated at the historical Port Curtis Goldfield.
- Gold values of up to 5.33 g/t Au were returned from previous rock chip sampling by the Company in this area in the vicinity of the historical Honeysuckle Mine.
- Additional IP data will be collected prior to the selection of drill targets.
- A large 2.8km long arsenic anomaly with local gold anomalies has been identified immediately south of the contact with the Stawell Granite.
- Arsenopyrite is intimately associated with gold mineralisation at the Stawell Gold Mine, which is located on the north side of the Stawell Granite.
- The gold-arsenic anomaly is co-incident with three primary historical gold workings, namely the Plantagenet, New Hope and Goldburra Mines. Anomalous gold values of 1.25 g/t and 1.41 g/t were returned from rock chip samples at these locations.